Philosophy of Care
Mount Carmel Supported Care Home provides an opportunity for people to enhance their independent quality of life in a safe and comfortable environment with a wide range of support and social facilities.
We believe that all residents have the right:
- To personal independence and choice;
- To care for themselves as far as they are able;
- To an individual Personal and Social Care Plan. All residents will be fully involved in drawing up their care plan;
- To be consulted and to make suggestions about changes which may affect the daily living arrangements;
- To facilities and services within the local community in common with any other citizen; To mix with other people in the community, whether by going out or inviting other people into their home;
- To have their cultural, religious and emotional needs met, and for these needs to be accepted and respected by others;
- To live in a stimulating environment which empowers them to be as independent as possible;
- To be treated with dignity and respect and to have confidentiality maintained at all times.
“Everyone is lovely here”Resident